Happy Thursday, people from Houston! Let’s start this day. Here are the most important things happening in the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rain in the afternoon. High: 84. Low: 73.
Here are the best stories in Houston today:
- Houston relocation agencies raise $ 8.5 million to help with resettlement Afghan refugees in the zone. Houston Afghanistan Resettlement Fund provide evacuees with basic needs as well as medical care, counseling and pre-employment training. (Houston Public Media)
- Legendary Houston Steakhouse The Palm is set to open friday after moving from its Westheimer location to its new excavations of 2 floors in the city center. (CultureMap Houston)
- The body of a missing Houston man was found in wyoming after tips have arrived during the Gabby Petito to look for. (KHOU.com)
- days after a teen crashed in and injured six cyclists in Waller County while “rolling coal” on them, County Waller District Attorney Elton Mathis said the driver could face assault charges. The Waller County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating the incident and any charges in the case would be laid by a grand jury in October or November. (Houston Patch)
- Willie brown has been accused of murder in Harris County after the body of Ashley Guillory has been found in Fort Bend County. Guillory had been missing since September 4 (Houston Patch)
today Houston Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Houston Texans: “Head Coach David Culley meets with Media Presented by Verizon.” (Facebook)
- Houston Museum of Natural Sciences: “Ramses the Great and the Gold of the Pharaohs. Opening November 20. Travel back 3,200 years, through the sands of the Sahara Desert where you reach the heart of ancient Egypt ruled by the world’s most famous builder. ‘history of the country. ” (Facebook)
- Houston Department of Health: “Although rare, some people will catch # COVID19 after being fully immunized. While it may seem daunting, it is important to remember that vaccines prevent almost everyone who gets a breakthrough infection from getting serious illness and dying. . ” (Facebook)
- Houston Police Department: “HPD is releasing body-worn camera footage of a death in custody at 10201 Telephone Road.” (Facebook)
- Houston Fire Department: “Are you ready to serve your community? Houston Fire Department is hiring! (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start Thursday on the right foot. See you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Jeffrey Perkins
About me: Born in San Antonio, grew up in Arkansas but returned to Texas as soon as I could to attend Texas A&M University, where I graduated with a BA in Telecommunications Media Studies . I started my journalistic career as an editor at The Eagle in Bryan, TX in 2014, then moved on to become the high school sports beat editor for the newspaper. My seven years at The Eagle have reinforced my passion for journalism, and I enjoy meeting people and telling their stories, on and off the field. I saw firsthand the importance of hyper-local journalism in a community, especially in a hectic 2020, when I helped with news coverage and design in addition to my editorial responsibilities. athletics in high school. I joined Patch in 2021 as a Texas Field Editor for the Conroe-Montgomery County area. I await your questions, comments and story ideas! Please contact me at [email protected] or (479) 264-5801.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Houston Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]