Roblox allows players to freely customize clothing, allowing them to express themselves and stand out from others.
With millions of users and a game that continues to grow in popularity, many avatars look very similar. Not only is there a store full of new and old items to customize the character, but they can also create their own outfits.
Before starting, players should ensure that a few prerequisites are met. They need to make sure they have downloaded Roblox Studio and have a Premium Membership to upload the project to the platform and submit it for review.
Detailed Guide to Crafting a Shirt in Roblox
The simplest apparel design is a T-shirt, which can be submitted for free and simply requires an image placed on the front of an avatar’s torso. It is a good idea if beginners start by making a T-shirt to understand the technical requirements and the procedure.
Remember that the image created for the T-shirt will only be displayed on the front of the avatar. 512×512 pixels is the optimal image size.
Follow the steps below to create a t-shirt:
- Use an image editor of choice to create a design. A template is not necessary. Players can use any image editor to create the design. Pixlr is recommended for easy design creation. .png, .jpg, .tga or .bmp image format can be uploaded to Roblox.
- The next step is to upload it to the platform. Head into Roblox Studio and select the Asset Manager option from the View tab.
- Click the Import button to import one or more photos after the window opens. Save it and the T-shirt will be downloaded.
- The final step is to head to the Configure option. Under the General option, a description can be added and users can choose to skip to the comments section.
- The Sales option allows setting a price, so users should set a realistic price for possible sales. Give him 20 minutes for approval, and that’s it. The T-shirt will be published.
The platform has simplified the process of creating avatar clothing by breaking it down into a series of smaller images rather than one giant image that needs to fit properly. Shirts and pants wrap around the avatar’s body, and as a result, they can look a bit more complex than t-shirts.
It is, however, much easier than it seems at first glance if users follow this guide. To post the jersey, they will need a subscription and ten Ruboxes. If you’re ready, keep reading to find out how.
Patterns are used to create clothing. The developers have produced simple graphic templates for use in personal creations. Once players understand how it all works, it becomes quite simple to design clothes.
- To download the shirt template, have an active subscription.
- Then log in to the account.
- Click on Create in the top menu, then click Shirts.
- To select Download them here.
- Right-click on the image in the pop-up window and select Save Image As.
- Notice how the parts are “folded” and wrapped around a character’s body, limbs, and legs on each model. Use Roblox’s size guide for each part of the model.
- Now it’s time to create an image for the shirt. Open the model in any image editor; some developer-recommended free options include GIMP and Paint.NET.
Download the designed shirt
- To get started, navigate to the Create page.
- Depending on the design, select Shirts, Pants or T-shirts in the left column.
- Select the file to upload by clicking Choose File.
- Give the element a unique name.
- To get 10 Robux, click the Download button. The item will appear as one of your creations once approved by Roblox and can be applied to the avatar or sold to other users.
If users are going to use a pattern, design or logo, they can imagine it in three dimensions and think about how it will look. It will take some time to master, but it will be successful in the end.
Test the brand new clothes in Roblox Studio now that they have been released on the site!
- Open the app and create a location.
- From the top menu bar, select Plugin then Build Rig.
- From the context menu, select a rig type. In the office, players will see an avatar named Dummy. The Block Rig is my choice.
- Players can change the size and direction of their mannequin by clicking MODEL and using the Move, Scale, and Rotate buttons.
- Locate Dummy in the explorer window on the right side, hover over it and click the + button. Depending on the type of outfit, use a Shirt, Pants, or ShirtGraphic (T-Shirt) object.
- Find and choose the new Clothing or Shirt Graphic (T-shirt) item inside the mannequin.
- Click inside the row for the property in the Properties window, located below the Explorer window.
- Select the image to upload by clicking Add Image.
- Players should take a look at the design now.
Users can sell their creations to Robux once they are proficient enough. This can help them earn extra money for the game. To sell items, you need to be a member of the Builder’s Club.
- In the Create window, choose the shirt.
- To access the settings, click the cog icon in the upper right corner.
- Check the Sell this item option under Configure.
- Check the Robux box and enter the amount.
- To list it for sale, select Save.
The platform receives a share of the sale when an item sells. This cut is 70/30 for t-shirts, shirts and pants, with the clothing designer getting 70% of the money. When an item is sold through an experience, the creator gets 60% of the revenue. The remaining 10% goes to the owner of the experience.