- You can share your screen on Google Meet to present documents, web pages, or tabs in the meeting.
- Google Meet lets you share your screen on a computer or mobile device.
- On a computer, you can choose whether you want to share the entire screen or just a window or a tab.
- Visit Insider’s Technical Reference Library for more stories.
In the age of remote working, Google Meet, Google’s conferencing tool, gives businesses and teams a reliable option outside of the industry leader
Among its many features,
gives you the ability to virtually share your screen with other people during the meeting. This way your team members can see the documents, presentations, spreadsheets or web pages you are viewing for easier collaboration.
If you’re using Google Meet on a computer, you can share your entire screen or a specific window or tab. On a mobile device, you can only share your entire screen. Here’s how to do it all.
How to share your screen in Google Meet using a computer
1. Join your meeting with Google Meet.
2. In the icon toolbar at the bottom center of your screen, click the icon to Present now, which looks like a square with an arrow inside.
3. From the context menu, select if you want to share Your whole screen, A window, or A tongue.
4. Select the area of ââyour screen that you want to share in the window that appears.
5. Click on Share.
6. To stop the presentation, choose either Stop presenting in the upper right corner of the screen or Stop on the top corner left.
How to share your screen in Google Meet using a mobile device
1. Join the Google meeting. You can access the meeting from the Google Calendar app, from the Google Meet app, or from the Meet Gmail app tab.
2. In the lower right corner of the video screen, tap the three vertical dots icon.
3. From the context menu, select Share screen.
4. Tap Start the broadcast in the pop-up window.
5. Your screen should now be visible to other meeting members, and you can continue with your presentation.
6. To stop the presentation, press Stop sharing in the center of your screen, or tap the three vertical dots icon and select Stop sharing in the pop-up window.