Warzone’s cross-play functionality means console and PC gamers can compete against each other in any game in the Battle Royale title. With gaming PCs becoming more mainstream, however, many controller players are making the switch.
The controller aim assist debate is one that will seemingly never end, with mouse and keyboard players comparing it to cheating with aimbots, with some even arguing that controller players shouldn’t. play with those of the mouse and keyboard.
Whichever side of the argument you make, there’s no denying that a lot of gamers are looking to switch to a PC instead of a console, or try playing the game with a controller rather than M&KB.
Fortunately, the process is fairly straightforward regardless of which controller you choose. Here’s how you can get started.
Connect the controller to the Warzone PC
For the most part, it doesn’t matter which controller you use, as connecting it to your PC to play Warzone is incredibly easy.
Whether you have a PlayStation or Xbox controller, you can just plug it in and the controller should be ready to go. All you’ll need to do is make sure to change your in-game settings by doing the following:
- Connect your controller to your PC.
- Launch Warzone (using your mouse).
- Open the Options menu.
- Scroll down to the “General” tab.
- Change your input device from mouse and keyboard to controller.
How to use the PS4 / 5 wireless controller on PC
If you’re looking to go wireless rather than keeping your controller plugged in, here’s what you need to do on your Windows 10 PC.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your PC.
- Go to Windows settings.
- Go to ‘Peripherals’.
- Turn on Bluetooth, then select “Add Bluetooth or other device”.
- Select bluetooth.
- Set the controller to pairing mode by holding down the PS and Share buttons.
- Select the controller in Windows and wait for confirmation.
Now your PlayStation 4 or 5 controller should be connected!
Connect the Xbox wireless controller to the PC
Connecting a wireless Xbox controller to a PC is slightly different. With Bluetooth, you can follow the same steps as PlayStation but using the Pair button located at the top of the Xbox controller. Alternatively, you can use xbox wireless with the following steps:
Using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10:
- Turn on your PC and log in.
- Connect the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to your PC
- Turn on your controller by pressing the Xbox button. When you turn on the controller, the Xbox button will flash.
- Press and hold the Pair button on the Xbox Wireless Adapter. A small light will flash for several seconds.
- Press and hold the Pair button on the top of the controller (the raised button). The Xbox button on the controller will blink faster, this means your controller is searching for the Xbox Wireless Adapter. Once connected, the Xbox button on the controller will stay on.
If you’re using the built-in wireless Xbox:
- Turn on your PC and log in.
- Turn on your controller by pressing the Xbox button for 3 seconds. When you turn on the controller, the Xbox button will flash.
- Press and hold the Pair button on the top of the controller (the raised button). The Xbox button on the controller will flash faster, this means your controller is searching for a PC.
- On your PC, press the Start button, then select Settings> Devices.
- Choose Add Bluetooth or another device, and then select Everything else.
- Choose Xbox Wireless Controller or Xbox Elite Wireless Controller from the list. Once connected, the Xbox button on the controller will stay on.
After following these steps, you should be able to use your controllers on PC, independent of PlayStation or Xbox, and you will have the choice of playing wired or wireless.