NJ Human Services Extends Application Period for New Jerseyans Excluded Fund and Doubles Cash Benefits
Eligible households can now receive up to $ 4,000 in one-time cash assistance
December 16, 2021
(TRENTON) – The Department of Social Services today announced that federal funding of up to $ 10 million from the State Coronavirus Fiscal Stimulus Fund has been authorized to extend the availability and operation of the Fund for the Excluded from the New Jersey (ENJF) until the New Year.
The ENJF would have expired at the end of 2021, the federal deadline for spending the Coronavirus Relief Funding.
Social services have also doubled the amount of benefits available under the program, providing additional financial assistance to eligible households excluded from both federal stimulus checks and COVID-19 unemployment assistance.
The new and increased benefit amounts provide for $ 2,000 per eligible person and a maximum of $ 4,000 per household, compared to $ 1,000 and $ 2,000, respectively.
New applicants and anyone who has previously applied and been approved will receive the new, higher benefit amounts.
“We are committed to providing as much help as possible to New Jersey families in need, and we are pleased to be able to provide a larger cash benefit to eligible families who apply for the Fund,” Acting Commissioner Sarah said. Adelman. “We hope more families will take advantage of this help now that there is more funding and more time to apply.”
“We are pleased to be able to extend the application period with additional federal funds to provide greater assistance to families affected by COVID who have not been able to receive further COVID financial assistance,” Deputy Commissioner Elisa said Neira. “Individuals can request this cash benefit directly from . “
The ENJF program will provide a one-time direct cash benefit to eligible households who have experienced hardship due to COVID-19 and have been excluded from federal stimulus checks and unemployment assistance related to the pandemic. This includes undocumented people, residents returning from the justice system, and anyone else otherwise excluded from financial assistance related to the pandemic.
The federally funded and state administered program is open to households with annual revenues of up to $ 55,000 with documented hardship due to COVID-19. Applicants must be over 18 and live in New Jersey to apply.
Interested persons can verify their eligibility, review the documents they can submit to demonstrate (ID / residency / income / COVID impact) and apply directly to . The app is available in English and Spanish, and online resources in multiple languages are available on the website, including an app tutorial video.
“We urge all potential applicants to review the information on the ENJF website, especially the list of documents required to demonstrate eligibility before applying,” said Johanna Calle, director of the American News Office. “There are many ways to demonstrate eligibility and applicants are only required to provide one document per category. Those who are unable to provide a required document might still be eligible and should still apply for the Fund. “
(Visited 122 times, 6 visits today)