“Each year, over two million people visit HokieSports.com,” said Brad wurthman, Senior Associate Director of VT Sports for External Operations. “As a service, we are committed to improving the fan experience, both in person and digitally. We have re-evaluated all of our digital touchpoints over the past year and I am incredibly proud of Kyle bruce, Damien salas, Lance Dozier, and the rest of the Digital Strategy and Innovation team who made this digital update possible. “
The redesigned HokieSports.com keeps the athletics department at the cutting edge of technology by keeping an eye on industry trends in e-commerce and content consumption. The site uses a simplified layout to take advantage of a variety of content while adding tools and features that enhance the overall user experience.
“This overhaul has taken a year and we’re excited to finally unveil it to the entire Hokie Nation,” said Bruce, AD Assistant for Digital Strategy & Ecosystem. “Thank you to everyone who worked on this project internally, in particular Damien salas, without the passion, care and dedication of which this redesign would not have been possible. We are also fortunate to have great partners like SIDEARM Sports and LEARFIELD who share our passion for innovation in the digital space, and we are grateful for their time and help to help bring this site to life. “
New features of HokieSports.com include:
- A hub for hot topics and important links on the main homepage and sports homepages designed to direct users to the most current and relevant information
- A social media-inspired feature at the top of the main homepage designed to further promote important announcements and sports coverage while showcasing high-quality photos, videos and graphics
- Various modules on the main homepage, sports homepages, calendar and list pages encouraging users to subscribe to Tech Athletics emails, gift the Hokie Club, buy tickets to upcoming events and more
- A reoriented presentation of content on the main homepage and sports homepages to a vertical feed encompassing news articles, video highlights, photo galleries, podcast episodes and more
- A refreshed menu navigation, including the addition of a “Connect” tab that highlights the different ways Tech fans can stay in touch with the Hokies
“We are very excited about the new features on HokieSports.com. The ‘Moments’ section at the top of the site, which is a first in the college website space, provides a dynamic way for our fans to interact with the site. and stay on top of their favorite teams, “said Salas, Senior Director and Webmaster.” As our department’s content offerings continue to evolve, having a flexible homepage will allow us to share a wide range of media, from news articles to podcast interviews and video highlights. ”
Tech Athletics has also enhanced its official HokieSports mobile app, adding mobile ticketing integration and an updated platform for Maroon & Orange Memories. The mobile app is available for download on iOS and Android.
About SIDEARM Sports:
Based in Syracuse, NY, SIDEARM Sports provides the software and technology that powers websites, mobile apps, live stats, social presence, and video streaming for more than 850 colleges, universities, and high school athletic programs in America. North.